Custom Orthotics to Fit Your Needs
Nova Physiotherapy provides custom orthotics to clients throughout the Halifax area at our clinics in Halifax, Bedford, Dartmouth, and Timberlea. Our team of physiotherapists are all trained and experienced to assess your situation and determine the appropriate orthotics product specifically for you.
Your feet have a direct impact on the rest of your body. Like the foundation of a house, your feet support the weight of everything above them. When a small problem develops in your feet, the subtle change in the way you walk causes a chain reaction of adjustments in your posture and walking mechanics. Custom orthotics can have a profound impact on how you feel.
Prescription orthotics look like insoles, but are biomechanical medical appliances that are custom made to correct your specific foot imbalance.
We are pleased to be affiliated with The Orthotic Group, which has been producing custom orthotics since 1985 and have grown to provide their services internationally. They are so confident in the durability of their 100 percent intrinsic memory plastic, that they guarantee it for a lifetime of wear against breakage.
We also have the technology of the Gait Scan system, which is a superior pressure plate that can provide 2D and 3D pictures of the foot in standing and during the walking cycle. This information is very helpful in determining the structure of the orthotic we will prescribe after a mold is taken of the feet.
To check out some frequently asked questions and answers provided by The Orthotic Group, Click Here.
Test Your Need For Custom Orthotics
If you agree with any of the statements below, ask us how The Orthotic Group products can help you feel better, from the ground up.
- My feet are sore on a regular basis
- I spend a good portion of the day standing or walking on hard surfaces
- I play sports regularly (tennis, golf, basketball, etc.)
- Standing, walking or running gives me joint pain (ankles, knees, hips, or back)
- I am over 40 years old
- I have visible foot problems (bunions, fallen arches, corns, etc.)
- One of my legs is shorter than the other
- I have knock-knees or bow-legs
- My shoes wear out quickly and unevenly
- When I walk, my feet “toe out”
- My parents had foot related symptoms
Did you know…
- that 25% of the bones in your body are in your feet
- an average person takes about 8-10,000 steps per day
- women have four times as many foot problems as men
- more than 75 percent of people will experience foot problems at some point in the life